1 How to use 2 Whatsapp accounts on Android phone?
The Facebook-owned app is available to download for Android and Apple users and can be used on mobile phones or desktops. However the app has some limitations. As only one WhatsApp account can be used per phone number. However, most mobile phone manufacturers allow users to set up two versions of the same app on their Android smartphones.
Other mobile phone manufacturers including Xiaomi, Samsung, Vivo, Oppo, Huawei, Honor, OnePlus and Realme allow their users to set up dual apps or parallel apps or twin apps. They essentially use different terminology for this feature that allows users to have two different versions of the same app. See the information/steps given below to enable this feature on different phones.
For Xiaomi phone users: Settings > Apps > Dual apps. For Samsung phone users: Settings > Advance features > Dual Messenger
For Vivo phone users: Settings > Apps and notifications > App Clone
For Oppo phone users: Settings > App Cloner
For Huawei and Honor phone users: Settings > Apps > App twin
For OnePlus phone users: Settings > Utilities > Parallel Apps.
And finally, for Realme phone users: Settings > App management > App cloner
How to use dual WhatsApp on one smartphone
- To enable another account on WhatsApp, go to Settings.
- Look for Dual apps, App Clone, App twin or Parallel Apps. The name of this feature will depend on the smartphone you are using.
- You should see a toggle in front of the WhatsApp app, turn it on.
- Wait for the process to complete and go back to the home screen.
- You should see a second WhatsApp icon with some kind of mark on it, identifying it as another version of the same app.
- Open it and you will be welcomed with the WhatsApp setup screen.
- Tap on Agree and click on Continue.
- On the next screen, enter a different phone number than the one you used to set up WhatsApp and tap Next.
- You will then receive an OTP for verification.
- After entering the OTP you will be asked to complete the setup process after which the second WhatsApp account will be set up.
Now you have two WhatsApp accounts on the same smartphone.
For the latest tech news, smartphone reviews and exclusive offers on popular mobiles, download the Ocean of Gadgets Android app and follow us on Google News.
#Whatsapp #accounts #Android #phone