Create a backup of your smartphone's contacts like this
If you have bought a new phone, or lost your phone, or it suddenly stops working, then you face this problem. This has happened to all of us and will continue to happen to many in future also. The only way to avoid this is to have a backup of all your contacts. Do this to back up contacts on your smartphone.
You can back up your iPhone contacts to your computer via iCloud or iTunes. The method of keeping a backup on iCloud is very simple but it will require an internet connection.
1. Go to Settings, then select iCloud.
2. The switch next to the contacts should be in the green position.
With just this one step, you can continuously back up your contacts to iCloud. If you format your phone, all contacts will be restored once you sign in to your iCloud account.
If you don't have an Internet connection, you can still back up contacts through iTunes.
1. First of all, download the latest version of iTunes and install it.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB.
3. Launch iTunes.
4. Tap the iPhone icon in the top left corner of the menu bar.
5. Tap Info on the sidebar on the left.
6. Check sync contacts.
7. After this, you can go to the drop down menu and select those services in which you can sync your contacts. us on Windows devices
There is an option to sync with Outlook or Windows Contacts. Contacts backed up to Windows Contacts remain on the machine.
8. After selecting Windows Contacts, click on the switch in the pop-up after which the backup process will start.
This way, your iPhone contacts will be backed up to your personal computer. The Windows Contacts feature is not available on Windows 7, but you can install it through Windows Live Essentials.
If you have an internet connection, you can backup contacts on Android phone in this way.
1. Go to Settings. Tap Accounts and then select Google.
2. Tap the account name written at the top.
3. Make sure there is a check mark for Contacts.
After this, all your contacts will be continuously backed up on your Google account. Just keep one thing in mind that due to different mobile phones of different companies and different Android versions, the menu may be slightly different. If there is no internet on your phone then follow this process.
1. Open Contacts.
2. Tap the three vertical dots visible at the top right.
3. Select Import/export
4. Tap Export to Storage.
5. After this a pop-up will appear giving you information about where your contacts will be exported. Tap OK.
6. Open the file manager app on your phone. If you do not have this app on your phone then you can download ES File Explorer.
7. In the file manager, go to the folder where the contacts are stored. If you do not know much about it then search by writing vcf and you will start seeing the contacts file.
Copy these files and store them in a safe place. If you need these contacts in future, you will have to use the import function in the Contacts section.
1. Go to Settings. Select Account.
2. Tap on Add Account at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap Email, Calendar & Contacts.
4. Enter your Gmail ID and tap Next.
5. Then enter your password and tap Sign In.
6. With this your account will be set up. Make sure Sync Contacts is on.
With this, all the contacts on your BlackBerry 10 will be backed up to your Google account. If you format your phone, use the same Gmail ID once again. By doing this, your contacts will automatically appear on the phone.
You don't need to do anything special to backup contacts on Windows Phone. When you set up your phone for the first time, you have to sign in using your Microsoft account. From then on, all your contacts automatically start getting backed up to your Microsoft account.